The battery location on your Sportsman 450 and 570 from the factory is less than ideal for many reasons. Our engineers here at Quad Logic have experienced the same issues and created the perfect solution.
Our battery relocate kit:
- Is made from heavy-duty steel and mounts to the frame.
- Moves battery off the skid plate and away from the rotating prop shaft to keep it out of harm’s way.
- Provides easier access for charging or maintenance.
- Utilizes a separate terminal block located at the front allowing easy use for electric accessories.
- Incorporates your existing battery shroud, cover and strap to mount the battery.
Hardware and mounting instructions are included. (NOTE: This kit does NOT include a new battery)
Kit fits all standard and touring chassis Sportsman 450 and 570’s from 2014-2020.*
- X2 chassis due to bed location.
- 2014 models require updated mounting hardware to work. Part numbers: 5259571, 5412499, and 7010032 x2 Is what would be required.
Tools needed for install: Basic socket, wrench and screwdriver set. No drilling.
The OEM battery location down on the lower frame on the Sportsman 450/570 is horrible. Not only is it very hard to reach for charging or maintenance but it is totally vulnerable to being swamped in water and mud. It’s also very close to the prop shaft which could damage it. It’s almost like Polaris forgot about the battery when designing this chassis and then found the only place they could put it.
Leave it up to us to solve another Polaris blunder! This nice battery relocation kit puts the battery above the rear left tire like most Sportsman’s have traditionally had it. It is much more protected and way easier to access! We made a heavy duty steel battery box that mounts to the frame and swaybar tube. You then re-use your original battery shroud, cover and strap to mount the battery. To get power back there we include a nice terminal block and new heavy gauge battery cables to run power from the original location to the new battery location. All hardware and mounting instructions are included. You will be very glad you did this kit, it makes battery maintenance way easier!